Yeah everyone uses this cover around Thanksgiving to tie the holiday and comic books together, but I like it so that’s really all that matters to me right now.
In all honesty I could have used this cover as well.
Sure there is no direct connection between eating Turkey and the death of Supergirl but the first time I read Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 was on a Thanksgiving, probably 1990 or 1991, so I always associate the two.
Also I snagged that Crisis cover from Heroic Images. It’s a neat site. I’d link to it but apparently they are going through some kind of maintenance.
I also could have thrown in a picture of George Reeves as Superman because of the several Thanksgivings I spent watching the Adventures of Superman marathon Channel 9 in New York would air that was hosted by Jack Larson, but I don’t have time to hunt down a good picture. Things to do, houses to clean and all that.
In any case I don’t have much for you today since it is a holiday and I know you probably want to spend it with your families but I just wanted to take a few moments to list the things I am thankful for this year as a comic book fan.
- The fact that my wife still puts up with my addiction. Actually I am pretty much thankful for my wife across the board.
- The fact that the Superman books have been so good lately with the exception of Superman/Batman.
- The fact that people listen to my podcast, Views From The Longbox and seem to like it. That means a lot to me.
- I am also thankful for the fact that I have made some really good friends through the podcast this year. Brad Douglas from the Spider-Man Crawlspace is one and Big Honkin’ Steve from Geek Out Loud is another.
- I’m thankful that I have found some people at the shop to talk to when I get to go on Wednesday. There a good bunch of guys and we laugh a lot.
- I’m thankful that I have a large collection of back issues now that the new stuff isn’t grabbing me anymore.
- I’m thankful you are reading this blog. I hope it brings you some measure of entertainment.
That’s it, y’all. Hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the turkey coma that is to come.
More to follow…