HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
ACTION COMICS 293, October 1962, was published around August 28, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. It featured Supergirl in her 13th silver age cover appearance, and two in a row after SUPERMAN 156.
- The 14 page Superman story was titled, THE FEUD BETWEEN SUPERMAN AND CLARK KENT, written by Edmond Hamilton and drawn by Al Plastino. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. IV, and is the first story in that volume.
- Supergirl starred in the 11 page story, THE SECRET ORIGIN OF SUPERGIRL’S SUPER-HORSE, written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 27 titles carried the October or October/November 1962 cover date.
Also highlighted in this episode are the ads and other features in this issue, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1959 PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 41!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1959 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 106!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1962: SUPERMAN 157!
In 1 Month: SUPERMAN 2013 YEAR IN REVIEW!
Finally, my condolences go the the family of golden and silver age of comic book artist Al Plastino, who died on Monday, November 25, 2013. He was born on December 15, 1921, and died a few weeks before his 92nd birthday.
Adam Dechanel, writer for the Superman Homepage, is the writer and co-producer of THE JUNGLE BOOK, a theatrical adaption of the classic Rudyard Kipling story, at a London Theater this holiday season. For more information, go to http://www.thejunglebook.eu/.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!