ACTION COMICS 298, March 1963, was published around January 31, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Sheldon Moldoff. This cover featured the Supergirl story in the back of this issue, although she does not appear.
– The 12 page Superman story was titled CLARK KENT, COWARD, written by Leo Dorfman, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol.. IV.
– The 13 page Supergirl story was titled THE SUPER-POWERS OF LEX LUTHOR, written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
I also share the comic books I bought from my local comic book shop in the MY PULL LIST segment.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MAY 1960 PART I: World’s Finest Comics 109!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MAY 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 17!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1963 PART I: SUPERMAN 160!
In 1 Month: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1963 PART II: ACTION COMICS 299!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
- COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!