ACTION COMICS 301, June 1963, was published around April 25, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– The 12 page Superman story was titled THE TRIAL OF SUPERMAN, written by Edmond Hamilton and drawn by Al Plastino. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. IV.
– The 12 page Supergirl story was titled THE SECRET IDENTITY OF SUPER-HORSE, written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are this issue’s ads and other features, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED AUGUST 1960: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 111!, PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 19!
Next Week: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JULY 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN 162, PART II: ACTION COMICS 302!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
- COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!