WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 112, September 1960, was published around July 19, 1960. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Sheldon Moldoff.
– The Superman / Batman story was titled THE MENACE OF SUPERMAN’S PET (12 pgs.), written by Jerry Coleman and pencilled by Dick Sprang. According to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Grand Comic Book Database, the inker was Sheldon Moldoff. But comicbookdatabase.com credits Charles Paris as this story’s inker.
– Green Arrow and Speedy starred in the six page story titled THE SPY IN THE ARROW CAVE, written by Ed Herron, drawn by Lee Elias and reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
– Tommy Tomorrow starred in the seven page story titled THE PLANETEER BANDIT, drawn by Jim Mooney. The writer was unknown.
Also highlighted in this episode were this issue’s ads and other features.
Next Week: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED AUGUST 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN 163 & PART II: ACTION COMICS 303!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED OCTOBER 1960: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 20 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 48!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
- COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!