WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 111, August 1960, was published around June 7, 1960. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Sheldon Moldoff.
– The 13 page Superman/Batman story was titled SUPERMAN’S SECRET KINGDOM. It was written by Bill Finger and pencilled by Dick Sprang. According to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, Sheldon Moldoff was credited as the inker. The Grand Comic Book Database listed the inker as unknown, while comicbookdatabase.com credited Charles Paris as the inker.
– Tommy Tomorrow starred in the 6 page story titled, THE HERMIT OF TITAN, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Jim Mooney.
– Green Arrow starred in the 6 page story titled, THE CRIMES OF THE CLOCK KING, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. The DC villain Clock King first appeared in this story.
Also highlighted in this episode are the ads and other features in this issue, as well as brief reviews of my comic books in my first order from the Discount Comic Book Service, and an e-mail!
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED AUGUST 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 19!
Next Week: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JULY 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN 162 & PART II: ACTION COMICS 302!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1960: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 47 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 112!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
- COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!