WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 110, June 1960, was published on April 19, 1960. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Sheldon Moldoff.
– THE ALIEN WHO DOOMED ROBIN (12 pgs.), was written by Jerry Coleman, pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by Sheldon Moldoff. This story was reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVE vol. III and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I.
– Tommy Tomorrow starred in the seven page story, THE ROBOT RAIDERS, writer unknown, drawn by Jim Mooney.
– Green Arrow and his sidekick Speedy were featured in the seven page story, THE SINISTER SPECTRUM MAN, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias, and reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
During this episode I failed to mention that 28 titles carried the June or June/July 1960 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, which was covered back in Episode 215 for the week of January 25, 2012.
Next week, we will feature the Superman comic books cover dated May 1963: Part I featuring SUPERMAN 161 and Part II: ACTION COMICS 300!
The following week, the Superman Family comic books cover dated July 1960 will be highlighted: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 18, and Part II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 46!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
- COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!