All right. I am feeling snarky at the moment. Here are…
THE FIVE STAGES OF COMIC FAN “GRIEF”
- DENIAL: “Oh, come on! They can’t be doing that! What are they thinking? That could never, ever happen!
- BITCHING ON THE INTERNET: (typing) “This is the WORST idea ever! They can’t do this! That writer has NO idea what he is doing. WTF! OMG! They should ALL be FIRED!!!!!!!!
- BITCHING AT THE COMIC SHOP: “Can you believe they’re doing this? There is no way that could every work. Am I wrong here? Who agrees with me? You don’t? Then you are a moron!”
- MORE BITCHING ON THE INTERNET: (more typing) I was at the comic shop today and some mouth breather was telling me I’m wrong! Can you BELIEVE that? It is so obviously the worst idea ever and everyone responsible needs to be shot EXECUTION STYLE!”
- ACCEPTANCE: (more typing) “So I bought the first issue and you know what…it wasn’t that bad! This guy is the best writer EVER! I am so on board with this. Best issue ever!”
More to follow…